NCYC 2019 : Blessed – Broken – Given
NCYC 2019 Registration at St. John’s is in progress now! See the bottom of this page for the official form. A deposit of $250 is required to hold your spot. Spots will remain open until March 15.
WHAT: The National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) is a three-day experience of prayer, community, and empowerment for Catholic teens and their adult chaperones. The schedule includes general sessions and workshops addressing a wide variety of topics as well as opportunities for reconciliation, daily liturgy, and special activities. NCYC draws 20,000+ youth and adults from around the world.
WHO: NCYC is open to all high school youth and their chaperones. Many are experiencing this type of gathering for the first time. Some of the things you should think about before you decide to attend:
- The convention is action-packed and generally loud and requires a lot of walking. Those who benefit are curious to learn more about their faith both from other young people and from religious and lay people who are eager to share what they know
- The experience requires that you miss a couple days of school, lose a little bit of sleep, and eat lots of pizza!
- We expect each person on the trip to take responsibility for themselves, to represent our parish and our communities, and to bring the energy and excitement for Jesus back with them and into the parish
WHERE: Indianapolis, Indiana
WHEN: November 21-23, 2019 (Thursday and Sunday are travel days)
WHY: Youth and adult participants attend the NCYC because they want to:
- Gather on a national level
- Learn more about themselves and their relationship with the Catholic Church.
- Celebrate their Catholic faith
- Bond with thousands of Catholic youth from all over the United States
- Share beliefs and experiences
- Recognize their role in the larger Catholic Church
Q. When is the deadline to sign-up?
A. The deadline has been extended again until March 15, but spots are limited
Q. When are payments due?
A. January 31, $100; March 31, $150; May 31, $175; August 31, $175
Q. What are the requirements to attend?
A. We ask that you are able to pay, but please know that hardship and low-income scholarships are available. Talk to us if money is an issue – we want students to attend, let us help you figure it out! We also ask that students attend at least 2 preparation sessions that will be held in the months leading up to the conference, dates are TBD. All students must also sign a code of conduct.
Q. When do we leave?
A. In the early morning on Thursday, November 21. Our departure site and time is determined by the Archdiocese based on bus schedules.