The Youth Ministry house is located in Newhall right next to St Paul's Church. The parishioners of St Paul's were generous enough to allow the Queen of Saints Youth Group to use the old rectory as a meeting place.
We are looking for a person to coordinate and direct our high school Youth Ministry program, which includes participation at the National Catholic Youth Conference. This person should be excited to share their faith and have a desire to share Jesus with the teens in a variety of activities. Qualifications include:
- Catholic in good standing
- Commitment to flexibility, adaptability, and teamwork approach.
- Minimum of three years working with teenagers.
- Preferred but required Certification in Youth Ministry
- Completion of Virtus Training
- Be familiar and aware of availability of resources (IE: "The National Catechetical Directory", "Sharing the Light of Faith", "A Vision of Youth Ministry", The Challenge of Adolescent Catechesis")
- Possess a valid Iowa Driver's License
- Youth Minister also will teach the Ninth Grade Confirmation I program.
- Youth Minister position is 10 hours per week.
If you are interested, contact Fr. Craig Steimel at (319) 228-8131 or email at DBQ150@dbqarch.org.