BEREAVEMENT (also check local parishes, hospice, hospitals, or funeral directors for other bereavement groups or seminars)
- St. Luke’s Next Steps, meets the 4th Tuesday of every other month, 6-7:00 pm at 290 Blairs Ferry Rd, contact Lorrie or Jamie at 319-369-7744.
- SHARE, parents who have lost a baby due to miscarriage, stillbirth or infant death, Mercy Medical Center, 250 Mercy Drive; 2nd Wednesday at 7:30 pm, contact Betty at 563-582-8757.
- F.I.N.E. Young Widows (Females in Need of Empowerment), men & women under 45 years of age who have lost a spouse, fiancé, or partner, Tuesdays, 7-8:30 pm, 2728 Asbury Rd, Dubuque, call 563-542-1168 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hospice of Mercy’s Bereavement Luncheon at Ryan’s, 230 Collins Rd. NE, Cedar Rapids; 4th Thursday, Noon, contact Barbara Koch at 319-398-6735.
- Hospice of Mercy’s Younger Spouse Support Group, women under 65, 315 18th Avenue; 2nd Thursday at 7:00 pm, contact Barbara Koch at 319-398-6735.
- Hospice of Mercy’s Evening Comfort & Conversation, 315 18th Avenue; 3rd Tuesday, 7-8:30 pm, contact Barbara Koch at 319-398-6735.
- Hospice of Mercy’s Morning Comfort & Conversation, 315 18th Avenue; 1st Tuesday, 10-11:30 am, contact Barbara Koch at 319-398-6735.
- LADOS meets 2nd Tuesdays for those widowed, 7:00 pm, 8300 C Ave, Cedar Rapids, contact Sandi Allen at 319-393-3862.
- Hospice of Comfort, Regional Medical Center, 709 W Main St, Huber Room; 1st Wednesdays at 4:00 pm, contact Mary at 563-927-7393 or Marge at 563-927-7464.
- Gone Too Soon, for parents of young adult children who have died, 3rd Thursdays, 6-8pm, Kimball Ridge Center, 4th floor, contact Beth at 319-272-2002.
- Younger Bereaved Partners Group, for pre-retirement age people who have experienced the loss of a spouse, fiancé, or partner, 2nd Mondays, 6:30-8 pm, Kimball Ridge Center, 4th floor, contact Beth at 319-272-2002.
- Adult cancer survivors, 1st Tuesdays, 12-1:00 pm, Finley auditorium, 350 N Grandview, call Mary or Julie, 563-589-2468.
DEPRESSION & ANXIETY
- Foundation II Support Group meets Mondays, 6:30-8 pm at the Administration Office, 1714 Johnson Ave. NW, contact Dennis Dozier at 319-362-2176.
- Living Single Again at Bethany Lutheran Church, 2202 Forest Drive SE; 2nd, 3rd, 4th Sundays at 7:00 pm. Contact Linda at 319-396-5322 or Marilyn at 319-366-5133.
- Beyond Divorce support group, 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, 7:30-9:00 pm, Board Room Conference area, Dubuque Westminster Presbyterian Church. Contact Jim at 563-542-3282 or Lori at 563-556-4961.
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness), support group for those suffering from mental illness and those touched by someone with mental illness. St. John’s Episcopal Parish House, 14th & Locust, 1st & 3rd Tuesdays at 7:00pm. Contact Todd at 563-564-2933 or email@example.com.
- Families Anonymous, for friends or family members dealing with drugs, alcohol, behavior or emotional problems, Mondays, 7:30 pm, Woodward Room, Finley Hospital. Contact Sandy at 563-556-4975.
- Foundation II Support Group meets 2nd and 4th Tuesdays, 6-7:30 pm at the Administration Office, 1714 Johnson Ave NW, contact Nancy Oehlert at 319-362-2174.