Two Become One: Embracing the Sacrament in Remarriage is a day-long marriage preparation program for engaged couples where one or both have previously been married. Through the witness of married couples who have experienced remarriage, the program covers topics including Marriage as a Sacrament, Barriers to a Successful Remarriage, Communication, Conflict Resolution, Finances, Marital Intimacy, Trusting Together in God, and an optional segment on Stepfamilies. Each topic is explored through the lens of the unique circumstances of remarriage.
Please read the following before completing your registration:
- With the preparing minister’s permission (typically the priest or deacon you are working with for marriage prep), please register a minimum of one week prior to the event.
- Two Become One is held at American Martyrs Retreat House, 2209 North Union Road, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
- The cost per couple is $100, which includes program materials, breakfast rolls, lunch, and dinner.
- Register online with a credit or debit card at the link below or complete and mail in the paper registration form (link below) with $100 payment.
- Refunds are available if the Marriage and Family Life Office is notified at least one week before the event.
- Please arrive at the retreat house by 8:15 AM; the program beings at 8:30 AM and concludes at 6:30 PM, with an optional additional session from 6:30-7:30 PM on stepchildren.
- Please direct any questions or concerns to Matt Selby, Director of the Marriage and Family Life Office, Archdiocese of Dubuque, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-876-3546 ext. 233.
These are the available dates for the coming year:
September 15, 2018
March 2, 2019