Two Become One: Embracing the Sacrament in Remarriage is a day-long marriage preparation program designed for engaged couples when one or both have previously been married. Through the witness of married couples who have experienced remarriage and a team priest, the program covers topics including Marriage as a Sacrament, Barriers to a Successful Remarriage, Communication, Conflict Resolution, Finances, Marital Intimacy, Trusting Together in God, and an optional segment on Stepfamilies. Each topic is explored through the lens of the unique circumstances of remarriage. A vigil Mass is also included in the day.
Please read the following before completing your registration:
- With the preparing minister’s permission (typically the priest or deacon you are working with for marriage prep), please register a minimum of one week prior to the event.
- The cost per couple is $100, which includes program materials, breakfast rolls, lunch, and dinner.
- See below for the dates and locations.
- Register online with a credit or debit card at the link below or complete and mail in the paper registration form (link below) with $100 payment.
- A refund or transfer of registration to a different date is available if the Marriage and Family Life Office is notified at least one week prior to the event.
- Please arrive at the site by 7:45 AM; the program begins at 8:00 AM and concludes at 6:30 PM, with an optional additional session from 6:30-7:30 PM on stepfamilies.
- Please direct any questions to Matt Selby, Director of the Marriage and Family Life Office, Archdiocese of Dubuque, at email@example.com or 800-876-3546 ext. 233.