This weekend is an opportunity to concentrate on building your relationship. It offers engaged couples a chance to get a head start on successful marriage through the process of sharing feelings on topics vital to marital happiness. This process is presented to engaged couples through the life experiences of married couples. The openness of the team allows you to hear similar goals for marriage and how to respond to challenges.
The encounter process uses observation, listening, and the experience of written and oral sharing. Adults learn best in sustained conversation with others about things that matter.
The Engaged Encounter is a powerful process for couples to broaden insights into their relationship and marriage. It is the beginning of deepening your relationship. Support comes through contact with others who share the same vision for Christian marriage.
Please read the following before completing your registration form:
- Registrations are due two weeks in advance (make a copy for your reference) – see late fee below
- Weekends are held at American Martyrs Retreat House, 2209 N Union Road, Cedar Falls,
- with the exception of the February 2018 weekend, which will be held at
- Shalom Spirituality Center, 1001 Davis Street, Dubuque.
- The Engaged Encounter begins on Friday at 8:00 p.m. and ends at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday
- The cost of $300.00 per couple includes food, lodging, program, and handouts
- An additional fee of $25 is required for registrations received less than 2 weeks prior to the event
- Refunds available if office is notified at least 5 days before event, a $25 cancellation fee will be charged
- Register online with a credit card payment
- Confirmation will be sent to you upon receipt of registration
- It is not necessary to check on date availability
NOTE: Bring a notebook, pen, and pocket folder for each of you.
American Martyrs Retreat House
2209 N Union Rd.
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Register online below or click here to view and print a registration form for one of the following weekends: