Dubuque Archdiocese Council of Catholic Women (ACCW) established in 1932
Affiliated with the National Council of Catholic Women founded in 1920
Goals (Mission) for 2017-2018
NCCW: The NCCW acts through its members to
3) Service All Catholic women in NCCW programs respond with Gospel values to the needs of the Church and society in the modern world.
ACCW: Seeks to stimulate spiritual and intellectual development, build community among women, and provide the opportunity for apostolic endeavors by assisting the Archbishop with his goals and programs for the Archdiocese.
To promote among its members greater devotion to Christ and His Church and to share with Mary her role in bringing others to Christ.
The Mission of the Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women (ACCW) is to provide a medium of support to enable and educate all Catholic Women of the Archdiocese of Dubuque in matters of spiritual development, leadership, and service of the Church, families, and society in the modern world, with Gospel values, Church teachings, and Tradition.
- To unite Catholic women’s organizations and individual Catholic women of the diocese; to develop their spiritual growth; to motivate and to assist them to act upon current issues in the Church and society.
- To be a medium through which the Catholic women of the diocese may speak and act on matters of concern.
- To be a representative Catholic women’s group in relating to other organizations and diocesan agencies dealing with current concerns.
- To continue growth in a Christian relationship with women and men in the Archdiocese
- Provide a Common Voice for All Catholic Women.
- Promote Catholic Values and Principles
- Provide greater Service and Have a Greater Impact
- Serving the parish and local community
- Development of the spiritual life of its members
- Supporting the Deanery and the Archdiocese
- Strengthening programs for ongoing education in the faith
- Enhancing the Sunday assembly for Holy Mass
- Teaching stewardship as a way of life
- Promoting vocations general and Priesthood in particular.
The National Council of Catholic Women consists of thousands of Catholic women and affiliated (group) Catholic women’s organizations in parishes and dioceses throughout the United States.
The NCCW was founded by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) and is represented at the biannual meetings of the USCCB. NCCW is a member of the World Union of Catholic Women’s Organizations (WUCWO). NCCW is a founding member and participant with the Religious Alliance against Pornography and collaborates with Catholic Relief Services and Cross Catholic Outreach.
The NCCW/ACCW acts through its members to support, empower and educate all Catholic women in spirituality, leadership and service. NCCW/ACCW programs respond with Gospel values to the needs of the church and society in the modern world.
- A voice for American Catholic women today.
- Transforming the world through prayer and action.
- Uniting affiliated Catholic women’s groups and individual Catholic women in the U.S.
- Supporting social action through Gospel values.
- Training Catholic women to become leaders at the intersection of Church and Society.
- Providing a forum for Catholic women to speak and act on matter of mutual interest.