Dubuque Archdiocese Council of Catholic Women (ACCW) established in 1932
Affiliated with the National Council of Catholic Women founded in 1920
DUBUQUE ACCW GOALS FOR 2015-2016
- Promote Human Dignity and Respect Life
- Find resources to help educate families eliminate access to pornography.
- Support the USCCB pastoral initiatives for marriage (www.NACFLM.org)
- Partner with Dubuque Archdiocesan priests to relay message for anti-porn messages and e-mail to parishes, Catholic schools and Religious Education programs.
- Promote life from conception to natural death
- Sponsor Legislation opportunities (example – Voting your conscience
- Provide support and Prayer for Life.
- Put articles featuring life in The Link-(Dubuque quarterly publications)
- Each deanery shall promote making layettes for local distribution or find their own recipients throughout the two year period. A tally of layettes of those distributed shall be reported at the annual ACCW convention.
- Partner with the Rachel Vineyard and Gabriel Projects.
- Support our priests and seminarians
- Send cards at Christmas and Easter with Spiritual Bouquets.
- Give monetary gift to seminarians
- At time of Ordination present a stipend and a Jerusalem Cross stole.
- Encourage deaneries to choose a way to support priests in their own deanery (example Priest Appreciation Day with meals and gifts).
- Monetary Contribution to Archbishop.
- Appreciate the services of Spiritual Advisors
- Priest Convocation – ACCW will sponsor/provide breakout snack.
- Promote Spiritual Growth
- Increase participation in ACCW Religious Recognition Programs for Adults and Youth within the Dubuque Archdiocese.
- Promote events for the Year of Faith (Deanery and ACCW Days of Recollection)
- Promote pilgrimage trips to religious shrines or locations. (Plenary Indulgences)
- Learn more about Cross International and other NCCW programs and take action on programs deemed appropriate for our Archdiocese
- Promote Our Lady of Good Counsel on Feast Day of April 26.
- Partner with programs that do Catholic Evangelization for year of Faith (example Martha and Mary Conference).
- Promote memberships and activities in ACCW and NCCW.
- Parish membership
- Deanery membership
- ACCW membership
- NCCW membership (individual/affiliation)
- The Witness publication
- Archdiocesan Website
- ACCW Delegates to NCCW Convention
- Catholic Woman Publication and NCCW Connect electronic newsletter
- Utilize the American Martyrs Retreat House for quarterly business meetings
- Friday Day funds designation for St. Kateri Tekakwitha tribute at AMRH
- Support Catholic Relief Services such as Works of Peace Help a Child, Madonna Plan, and Water for Life
- Support the work of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Leadership for Catholic Women
- Sponsor Regional NCCW Leadership Training (LTD) for a 100+ women, October 19, 2013 at St. Francis DeSales parish Ossian, IA co-hosted by Decorah Deanery
- Service – more inclusion with Parish and Diocesan committees
- Recognition of ACCW parish contacts in the Dubuque Archdiocesan Directory
- Archdiocesan Pastoral Center Inclusion
- Maintain presence on the Archdiocese web site
- Office space and phone service under review
- Included in Directory of Services brochure
- ACCW Archives/Artifacts
Dubuque Archdiocese Council of Catholic Women (ACCW)
Empowers, Educates, and Supports all Catholic Women in Spirituality, Leadership and Service.