The Dubuque Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women (ACCW) is part of the National Council of Catholic Women (NCCW), founded by the U.S. Bishops in 1920. The Bishop’s desired to unite all Catholic women’s groups to work together in service to the Church. Today NCCW consists of more than 3,000 affiliated Catholic women’s organizations in parishes and dioceses throughout the U.S. We represent hundreds of thousands of Catholic women. We are under the patronage of Our Mother of Good Counsel.
- All Catholic Women in our Archdiocese are “members” of Council.
- For voting purposes: A “member” must be affiliated at the Parish, Deanery or Arch/Diocesan level, or by holding an Individual Membership with NCCW.
- NCCW is a member of the World Union of Catholic Women’s Organizations (WUCWO).
- We are recognized by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB).
- We are active participants in partnerships with other Catholic groups.
- The National Council of Catholic Women acts through its members to support empower and educate all Catholic women in spirituality, leadership and service.
- NCCW programs respond with Gospel values to the needs of the Church and society in the modern world.
Tel: (563) 556-2580, ext 209
Answering machine available
The Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women (ACCW) supports, empowers and educates Catholic women in spirituality, leadership and service. ACCW programs respond with Gospel values to the needs of the Church and society in the modern world.