Please send the following items to Deacon Michael Klappholz:
- The original completed application (found in the back of the book) with all the required signatures (please keep a completed and signed copy for both the scout and the unit).
- A copy of the Order Form.
- Appropriate money (checks payable to Catholic Committee on Scouting)
- Light of Christ Medals – $14 each
- Parvuli Dei Medals – $14 each
- Ad Atare Dei Medals – $16 each
- Pope Pius XII – $16 each
The above items should be sent to:
Deacon Michael Klappholz
All Saints Church
720 29th S.E.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, 52403
Please purchase religious medals for your pack and troop as a group order instead of individually if possible. If you have questions, please contact Deacon Klappholz at 319-363-6130 (work phone) or by email at email@example.com (please put Catholic Scouting in the subject).
The Archdiocesan Catholic Committee on Scouting highly recommends that the recipients of a Catholic scouting award participate in the Archdiocesan Mass which generally takes place annually at 2:00 p.m. on the 3rd Sunday of January at St. Raphael Cathedral in Dubuque (please verify the date and location on the calendar. It is a very memorable experience for a scout to join with other scouts and receive his award from the Archbishop. Picture opportunities as well as a small reception follow the Mass. Packs, troops and venture crews can still present the award again on Scout Sunday in the Scout’s church if desired.
The religious knot to be worn on a scout uniform (above the left shirt pocket) can be purchased at the Council Scout Shop after the medal is received.