Knowledge: Students will…
1. Know that prayer is talking to and listening to God (Jesus).
2. Know that we can pray (talk to God) at any time and at any place, about anything.
3. Know various ways to pray, for example song meditation, quiet prayer.
4. Know they can pray to God as their best friend and their loving parent.
5. Know that God is always listening, and we too must listen to God.
6. Know the difference between asking God in prayer and thanking God in prayer.
1. Know God calls each person to encounter Him in prayer.
2. Know that prayer is a personal dialogue and relationship with God.
3. Understand that prayer is the raising of their minds and hearts to God.
4. Know basic forms of prayer are blessing, intercession, thanksgiving and praise.
5. Know that there are many ways to pray.
1. Know God calls each person to encounter Him in prayer and ways that we can respond.
2. Know that prayer is a lifelong relationship with God needs to be nurtured by prayer.
3. Know that prayer has the power to change their lives.
4. Understand a variety of forms of prayer are blessing, intercession, thanksgiving and praise.
5. Know a variety of ways to pray, and the basics of different prayer traditions and experiences.