Knowledge: Students will…
1. Realize that God is always with us and will never leave us.
2. Comprehend God is able to make us better people.
3. Know that God’s presence helps us through difficult times.
4. Know that grace is the free and undeserved help from God- a gift.
Grades 3- 5
1. Understand that grace is a gift freely given by God to help us respond to the call to become God’s Children.
2. Acknowledge God’s presence and grace in their daily lives.
3. Recognize that God is reaching out to every person through the Holy Spirit.
4. Recognize that God has the power to influence our lives with our cooperation.
5. Comprehend that God’s presence helps us through difficult times.
1. Comprehend that sanctifying grace is a gift freely given by God to help us respond to the call to become God’s Children.
2. Comprehend that grace is participation in the life of God.
3. Comprehend that the Holy Spirit, through the gift of God’s Grace, justifies us and cleanses us from sin through faith and through baptism. (CCC 1987-9)
4. Comprehend that prayer and the sacraments are channels of God’s grace.
5. Acknowledge the connection between Christ’s Passion and Resurrection and the Paschal Mystery in their lives (personal challenges).