Knowledge: Students will…
1. Know the seasons of the Church year, i.e. Advent, Christmas, Lent, Easter, Ordinary Time.
2. Know that the Sunday Mass is the central focus of the celebration of the liturgical year.
3. Know that the Mass is prayer.
4. Know that Catholics celebrate using symbols, actions, gestures, music, etc.
5. Be familiar with items used in Liturgy and begin to understand reverence due them.
1. Know liturgical calendar and its: a) Connection to life of Christ b) Connection to Lectionary c) Order of the Seasons.
2. Know that Sunday is the principal day for celebration of Eucharist.
3. Know the symbols, practices, and celebrations (including cultural celebrations) of the liturgical year.
4. Know the different parts of the Mass: Liturgy of the Word and Liturgy of the Eucharist.
1. Understand the cycle of the liturgical year and its sources in the life of Jesus in the Bible.
2. Understand the liturgical year and the cultural traditions that are celebrated.
3. Know that Sunday is the principal day for celebration of Eucharist.
4. Understand different parts of the Mass: Liturgy of Word and Liturgy of Eucharist.
5. Learn proper terminology for all parts of the Mass, e.g. Greeting, Gloria, Gospel Acclamation, etc.
6. Use the proper vocabulary for liturgical worhip, i.e. space, vessels, vestments, etc.