Knowledge: Students will…
1. Know the Bible as the Story of God’s love for His people.
2. Begin to understand the “Good News” is that Jesus Christ suffered,died for us, and rose from the dead.
3. Understand Jesus established the Church with the apostles as the first leaders.
4. Know that the Pope is the leader of today’s Church.
5. Comprehend that each baptized person is called to follow Jesus.
6. Understand the Church is a community of believers called to follow Jesus.
1. Comprehend that Tradition comes from the apostles who handed on what they received from Jesus and what they learned from the Holy Spirit (CCC 83).
2. Comprehend the significance of Pentecost to the Church.
3. Understand the role of Tradition in the Church.
4. Know that our Tradition includes various forms of prayer and of devotion.
5. Be familiar with current structure of the Church and with the roles within the community.
1. Be familiar with the origin of the Church as told in the Acts of the Apostles.
2. Comprehend that Tradition comes from the apostles who handed on what they received from Jesus and what they learned from the Holy Spirit (CCC 83).
3. Comprehend that all we believe, “Deposit of Faith” is contained in Scripture and Tradition, and is the source of current Church teaching (CCC 84).
4. Understand the relationship of the early Church to Scripture.
5. Understand the current structure and governance of the Church and the responsibilities of all baptized.