Knowledge: Students will…
1. Know the three persons in one God: a) Name God as Father. b) Name Jesus as God’s Son. c) Name the Holy Spirit as our helper.
2. Acknowledge God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) is Creator of all things (CCC 316).
3. Know that God’s very being is truth and love.
4. Acknowledge the beauty of God’s love through all that He made.
5. Know that we belong to God’s family, the Church.
6. Acknowledge that the Creed is a statement of our faith.
7. Know that Jesus died to give us new life.
1. Understand that God’s very being is truth and love;God is all present, all knowing and eternal.
2. Acknowledge the Creed as a statement of our beliefs as Catholics.
3. Acknowledge that both the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed are statements of our Catholic faith.
4. Comprehend the terms and understand the outline of the Creed (CCC 184 ff): one God: Father, Son, Holy Spirit; Church.
5. Break down the Creed to understand each part.
6. Identify our Catholic beliefs as stated in the Creed – from Creation to Life Everlasting.
7. Acknowledge the Nicene Creed as an important part of the Mass and of our Christian life.
1. Know that God’s very being is truth and love; God is all present, all knowing and eternal.
2. Acknowledge that the key points of both Creeds (Apostles’ Creed and Nicene Creed) are Trinitarian – one God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. Understand the historical origin of the two Creeds from Scripture and Tradition.
4. Acknowledge the Marks of the Church as one, holy, catholic and apostolic.
5. Acknowledge the twelve articles of faith as stated in the Apostles’ Creed: 1) I believe in God the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth, 2) I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, 3) He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary 4) Jesus Christ suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and buried, 5) He descended into hell and on the third day He rose 6) He ascended into Heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father 7) He will come again to judge the living and the dead 8) I believe in the Holy Spirit, 9) the Holy Catholic Church 10) the forgiveness of sins, 11) the resurrection of the Body, 12) and in life everlasting.