My Walk with God is the new faith formation process sponsored by the Archdiocese of Dubuque. My Walk with God was inspired, created, and piloted by twelve graduates of the first IMPACT cohort. My Walk with God seeks to guide participants in a systematic way through life’s perennial questions:
- Who am I?
- Who is God?
- Where is God calling me?
Over the course of the year, My Walk with God participants read seven books by some of the best Catholic authors of our time and then meet once a month in his/her own parish/cluster to discuss the readings.
God has a plan for each of us, and each has been called according to His purpose. This process helps us to know ourselves better in Christ in order to serve more fully the kingdom of God. If you’re alive, you have a mission! For more information, please contact the Office of Adult Faith Formation: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who? Adults interested in going deeper in their faith
What? A process for developing a spirituality of discernment
When? Once a month, 2 to 3 hours per month, September through May (ideally)
Where? At your parish/cluster or home
How? Through prayer, reading, journaling, and being in conversation with other
participants who are serious about their faith
Cost? Participants will be responsible for purchasing their own books from the
publisher or Amazon, plus $5.00 for the journal
Books to be Used:
- Life of the Beloved by Henri Nouwen
- Becoming Who You Are: Insights on the True Self from Thomas Merton and Other Saints by James Martin, SJ
- Praying Our Experiences: An Invitation to Open Our Lives to God by Joseph F. Schmidt, FSC
- Discovering My Experience of God: Awareness and Witness by Frank DeSiano, CSP and Kenneth Boyack, CSP
- Saying Yes: Discovering and Responding to God’s Will in Your Life by Albert Haase, OFM
- Living Your Strengths – Catholic Edition: Discover Your God-Given Talents and Inspire Your Community by Al Winesman
- Walking the Disciple’s Path: Eight Steps That Will Change Your Life and the World by Linda Perrone Rooney
Is this similar to the IMPACT program? The material is different but the process is similar: meeting once a month to discuss assigned ready, though in one’s own parish/cluster
Does this replace IMPACT? Absolutely NOT. In fact, those who complete My Walk with God may decide to apply for IMPACT the next year, while IMPACT alumnae may decide to spend more time on the spirituality of discernment.