Mark Your Calendars for the Adult Conference on the Family: Family Matters, Mission of Love. The conference is on Saturday, November 7, 2015, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at the Five Sullivan Brothers Center, Waterloo. This will be a day you won’t want to miss!
In the year of the World Synod on the Family, our Archdiocese is eager to take the message of the importance and beauty of the family to our families and parishes. This day has been designed to emphasize the Christian mission of the family–in all its forms and stages.
Speakers include John Leonetti who will speak on the mission of the family. Joel and Lisa Schmidt will present “ Pray, Work, Rest and Play: A Rule of Life For Families.” And John Angotti will provide the music. 4:00 p.m. Mass with Archbishop Jackels concludes the day.
Consider the many ways you can use what is presented with your catechists:
- Certainly, you may learn more ways to partner with parents in your faith formation program.
- You may have a new awareness into family life, its challenges and distractions and how family life can affect the students’ behaviors in your faith formation classrooms.
- Perhaps you will decide to form a parents’ advisory board or even augment your FFL program to provide more family-centered opportunities or events.
- Of course, the ideas you come away with on November 7th will provide excellent suggestion for family or parent newsletters and may even lead to new ideas or directions for parent sacramental meetings.
- Breakout workshops will discuss safety with children, teens in the 21st century, raising amazing children and much, much more!
Calling All Families: Encourage parishioners to submit a SELFIE of their fun, fabulous families on the archdiocesan facebook page: #FAMILYMATTERS. All photos will be shown at the Conference: Family Matters: Mission of Love.
In other words, do plan to attend this very special event! Online registration will be available soon.