Queen of Heaven Church, Reinbeck

Queen of Heaven Parish was established by decree of His Excellency, Most Reverend Leo Binz, Archbishop of Dubuque as published in the Witness on July 21, 1955.

The first mass was celebrated in Reinbeck on Sunday July 24, 1955 in the Memorial Building with the Reverend John E. Grahm presiding and over 100 people in attendance.

The first mass to be offered in the newly purchased and renovated Queen of Heaven Church on Blackhawk Street was on February 18, 1956. The church was solemnly blessed by Archbishop Leo Binz on April 6, 1956 at which time the parish consisted of about 30 families.